[Wikimediaindia-l] Moderation policy on WikimediaIndia-l

shirish शिरीष shirishag75 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 04:14:11 UTC 2011

At bottom :-

On Sat, Feb 12, 2011 at 23:28, Sudhir Ponappa <ponappasudhir at yahoo.com> wrote:

<snipped>

> *Translation:* Can all the ordinary members of this list please keep out of my business? I would prefer to continue censoring this list with my best friend HPN. After all, I am the EC of the India chapter and I have an unlimited Wikimedia Foundation sponsored travel budget which I regularly use to go to Frankfurt, Pune, Delhi, Bangalore, Berlin, etc. etc. and I would really like to get back to my travel now and stop worrying about stupid issues but if any of you slaves feels like doing my dirty work while I travel then of course I welcome that with open arms.

Hi all,
     While I'm not one to choose sides normally, just for the
argument's sake say that it is true, wouldn't you or I be doing the
same thing. I, for one would have, love traveling and love meeting new
people and exchanging ideas.

In my last job I had been given this same function, go and evangelize
about free software and connect with people who are into free software
within India. Also go into free software events where-ever you go.

There were 2-3 people who were in the same boar. So one was on the
road 20 days in a month, some people like traveling and others do not.

Also almost all my traveling expenses were picked up by the company. I
may have to contribute something from time to time but when the bulk
gets picked up by the company you can manage.

So from my perspective, unless the foundation deems its inappropriate
(as you allege they are the paymasters) I don't think its anybody's
business to say otherwise.

The foundation may have their performance metrics (as companies do)
for their volunteers, employees whatever and till they are happy with
the outcome that should be more than enough.

As far as such opportunities are concerned, its normally a function of
luck, hard work and networking skills.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल