[Wikimediaindia-l] Moderation policy on WikimediaIndia-l

Jyothis Edathoot je at jyothis.net
Sun Feb 13 23:09:14 UTC 2011

Hari,

Couldnt help asking, but could you please point out whom are you referring
as trolls here and who attacked you (or any member of EC) personally? As far
as I see this, community members raised multiple concerns here and other
threads about transparency in EC's actions and we, as community members,
would expect the EC to clarify things, rather than coming around and calling
them trolls and marking it as personal attacks. Such a line of defense is
not expected from a person sitting in the secretary post of the current EC.

Just to add, you very well know that the concerns that we see here is not
something new and has that has been around the time the formation plans were
announced. I hope you remember the conversation even we had and the
discussions that happened right at the out set in mailing lists. Sorry to
say this, but I dont think there was any serious efforts came from forming
group to reach out to the communities to fixi things up. Atleast not to my
knowledge and I may be wrong.

No one has said that the list mods has not done there job. If the community
feels that the current mods are getting swamped and more mods are needed, I
would assume that it is up to them, as it is their list.

just my opinion, rest of my fellow community members may disagree and
correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Jyothis.

http://www.Jyothis.net

http://ml.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Jyothis
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Jyothis
I am the first customer of http://www.netdotnet.com

woods are lovely dark and deep,
but i have promises to keep and
miles to go before i sleep and
lines to go before I press sleep

completion date = (start date + ((estimated effort x 3.1415926) / resources)
+ ((total coffee breaks x 0.25) / 24)) + Effort in meetings