[Wikimediaindia-l] Copyrights & Google

CherianTinu Abraham tinucherian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 09:38:35 UTC 2011

Just to clarify a little , CC by SA is also a copyright license.  The only
difference is that these licenses allow creators to communicate which rights
they reserve, and which rights they "waive" for the benefit of recipients or
other creators.

There is a common miunderstanding that Wikipedia articles are not
copyrighted and all free software are not copyrighted, which is not in
actual.

And also Google cannot put another copyright for their articles in any wiki,
because they are already CC by SA on Wikipedia.

Regards
Tinu Cherian