[Wikimediaau-l] Wikimania 2010?

Craig Franklin craig at halo-17.net
Fri May 23 12:00:57 UTC 2008

On this point Angela, I talked to some of our sponsors and they were
decidedly lukewarm on the idea of supporting an Australia-only event unless
attendance was going to be high (I'm talking hundreds of delegates).

I agree that it would be good practice in some aspects, but the inherent
difference in scale between an Australia-only event and an international
event means that a lot of the techniques we'd use to successfully hold one
would not necessarily work for another.

Craig Franklin
PO Box 1093
Toombul, Q, 4012