[Wikimediaau-l] Wikimania 2010?

Richard Ames richard at ames.id.au
Sat May 17 01:30:45 UTC 2008

Brisbane? Where's that?

Thinking as a Northern Hemisphere person - where the majority of people
live.... There are only one and a half cities in Australia: Sydney and
Melbourne. This has to come into the mix of the evaluating team who has
to decide where WM will be held and how many delegates it will attract.
Witness the current shortfall for the 'World Youth Day' in Sydney.

When there is another Australian bid - this challenge needs to be
addressed.