[Wikimediaau-l] Aboriginal languages (reply)

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 10:39:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Gnangarra <gnangarra at gmail.com> wrote:
> The first question is do we have anyone with the language skills, the wiki
> skills and the time to dedicate to getting an aboriginal language(any one of
> them) Wikipedia up and successful.
>
> Literally we can could do more harm to the language, culture and WMAU
> through ignorance and misspent good intentions.

We have people with the wiki skills and for the language skills, we
might do better to parter with another organization that does have
those skills. Preferably one with experience so that we can avoid the
potential harm you mentioned. I expect there are grants available for
this sort of work which is definitely something the chapter should
look into.

Angela