[Wikimediaau-l] Aboriginal languages (reply)

Janet Hawtin lucychili at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 01:21:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Gnangarra <gnangarra at gmail.com> wrote:
> The first question is do we have anyone with the language skills, the wiki
> skills and the time to dedicate to getting an aboriginal language(any one of
> them) Wikipedia up and successful.
>
> Literally we can could do more harm to the language, culture and WMAU
> through ignorance and misspent good intentions.

I think even without specific language skills it might be nice to
change any language or community articles which suggest that a people
or a language is extinct to something which suggests that we do not
have recent evidence of speakers of this language and we would
encourage speakers of this language or members of this community to
contact the wiki on the discussion page to see if there are ways to
improve the article.