[Wikimediaau-l] Wikimania 2010 bid idea: joint-bid with iSummit?

Zero zero1328 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 21:28:32 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Angela <beesley at gmail.com> wrote:

> I meant the Wikimania jury (which I'm no longer on btw to avoid any
> COI). I shouldn't have said "likely". I don't know how likely it is,
> but if you look at this log
> <http://wikimania2008.wikimedia.org/wiki/Post-mortem/meeting_transcripts/2008-08-09>,
> there seems to be an underlying assumption that Australia can never
> win it.

Well, all we have to do is change that assumption, don't we?

Frankly, just skimming through the relevant bits, it's almost
discriminating. Might explain why the Brisbane bid was thoughtlessly
removed. A special scholarship for Aussies only? I know penny
pinching's important but there's symbolism about connecting the world
and whatnot.

I'm totally up for a Wikimania on the Moon, though.

--
Always here,
Zero