[Wikimediaau-l] Wikimania 2010 bid idea: joint-bid with iSummit?

Liam Wyatt liamwyatt at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 14:17:08 UTC 2008

On 20/08/2008, at 12:11 AM, Angela wrote:
[snip]
  There were difficulties this year due to
the partnership with BA which led to Delphine and others having less
control over things than they normally would. I got the idea that many
of the organizers this year came out of it thinking that partnerships
are not the way to go for future years.

Angela

This also speaks to trying to get institutional partners such as
universities on board. In my dealings with unis just as a student the
bureaucracy is hard enough, but to be working across multiple
universities (as per the suggestion of 3 Brisbane unis) organizing a
conference might be seen as a negative point unless the structures of
control were clearly delineated.

-Liam

wikipediaweekly.org
Skype - Wittylama