[Wikimedia-l] Thanking anonymous users

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Tue Jan 14 04:38:15 UTC 2014

On 01/13/2014 11:20 PM, Tim Starling wrote:
> The English
> Wikipedia edit rate has been declining since about January 2007, and
> is now only 67% of the rate at that time. A linear regression on the
> edit rate from that time predicts death of the project at around 2030.

That's...  come /on/ Tim!  You know better than to say silly things like
that.

The abuse filter alone could very well account for this (the prevented
edits and the revert that would have taken place).  :-)  I used to do a
lot of patrol back in those years and - for nostalgia's sake - I tried
doing a bit over a year ago.  The amount of "surface" vandalism has gone
down a *lot* since.

-- Marc