[Wikimedia-l] Announcement Sarah Stierch

Ziko van Dijk vandijk at wmnederland.nl
Thu Jan 9 22:43:36 UTC 2014

You are certainly right, Michael. I suppose that WMF and Sarah communicated
with each other, and Frank has carefully chosen to use these words.
Kind regards
Ziko

Am Donnerstag, 9. Januar 2014 schrieb Michael Peel :

> On 9 Jan 2014, at 14:32, Katherine Casey <fluffernutter.wiki at gmail.com<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
>
> > Add me to the list of people who are surprised the WMF has chosen to
> handle
> > this in so public and accusatory a manner. It is presumably their right
> > sever business relationships with employees, of course, but they
> generally
> > don't do so by posting a public notice detailing the employee's alleged
> > misconduct.
>
> It seems to me that this is a "damned if you do, damned if you don’t”
> scenario. If there *hadn’t* been a note to this list then I’m sure people
> would have been crying out for one. Personally, I’m glad to see the
> transparency and frankness, but sad to see the news. :-(
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Dr. Ziko van Dijk
voorzitter / president Wikimedia Nederland

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
Postbus 167
3500 AD Utrecht
http://wikimedia.nl