[Wikimedia-l] Radiological images

James Heilman jmh649 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 09:09:45 UTC 2013

 So what does the rest of the publishing industry do? For content that is
author-supplied "it is up to them [the authors] to sort out permissions and
copyright". The journals, with their impeccable ethical standards, simple
get the authors to sign a form and wash their hands of it. I have signed
these forms a few dozens times without much though. And no I did not
request permission from the X-ray tech. In fact it is often not possible to
determine who the tech was as that actually pushed the button as there are
a lot of student techs in the department.

--
James Heilman
MD, CCFP-EM, Wikipedian

The Wikipedia Open Textbook of Medicine