[Wikimedia-l] Video Tutorials on Tools RfC

Jackson Peebles jacksonpeebles at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 18:10:30 UTC 2013

Several prototype video tutorial on how to use Wikipedia tools, such as
STiki (en:WP:STiki), Snuggle (https://snuggle.grouplens.org), Twinkle
(en:WP:Twinkle), and how to upload pictures via Wikimedia Commons and
Wikipedia have been posted in accordance with a previous RfC and a small
Wikimedia Foundation grant.  I am now seeking comments on how to best
revise these videos prior to their final drafts.  Specifically, I would
like to know:
1) Does the scale-able HTML 5 work?
2) Are the/would the videos (be) helpful?
3) Do the videos look professional?
4) Are the videos better with the artificial voice (this is translatable
with automation) or my natural voice?
5) What else can improve the videos?

Your input would be greatly appreciated.  Please feel free to give informal
comment here, but formal feedback is requested at en:WT:VIDTUT.

Jackson Peebles
en:User:Jackson Peebles