[Wikimedia-l] Who will host Wikimedia Conference 2014? Bidding process is open!

Nicole Ebber nicole.ebber at wikimedia.de
Mon Sep 16 12:11:53 UTC 2013

Dear Wikimedia friends,

following up on the emails Asaf and I sent a few weeks ago, I have now
drafted the bidding process to decide upon the location for next
year’s Wikimedia Conference. This event will not only host the annual
Chapters’/Affiliates’ conference, but also the WMF board, FDC and
AffCom meetings and is meant to take place in April 2014 (tbc).

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Future_of_the_Wikimedia_Conference#Bidding_process_for_hosting_the_next_Wikimedia_Conference

== LOCATION COMMITTEE ==
I would like to see a small location committee (3 representatives of
affiliates, 1 AffCom and 1 WMF) to decide about the hosting chapter.
Asaf and Bence already agreed upon joining the committee, and it would
be nice to see someone from WMIT there, as they have the freshest
experience. So if you have severe experience with conference
organisation, please consider joining the committee now!

== WANNA HOST WMCON 2014? ==
All chapters who are interested in organising the conference in 2014
are invited to place a short bid on Meta. The bids should be made
until 30 September, a decision should be available before 15 October.
The winning organisation will be responsible for all the logistics, as
in: venue, catering, travel and visa arrangements, accommodation,
technical equipment, social events, communication with and support for
the participants, coordination with the programme committee and the
facilitators.

I hope that if we can take the logistics and location for granted,
this will help us focus on the content and sustainability of the
event. I have written more about the programme part on Meta.

Thanks to Asaf and Bence for giving their valuable input to the set-up
of this process. Since WMDE has kind of a traditional interest in
having a good conference, I am happy to take a leading role in
organising this process. Any help is highly appreciated! I am looking
forward to an exciting Wikimedia Conference 2014. \o/

Nicole

--
Nicole Ebber
International Affairs

Tel. +49 30 219158 26-0

http://wikimedia.de

unter der Nummer 23855 B. Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das