[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] WMF Board of Trustees: minutes of Hong Kong meeting

Jan-Bart de Vreede jdevreede at wikimedia.org
Sun Sep 15 16:00:58 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

Our secretary Geoff has just posted the minutes of our last board meeting and we would like to follow this up with a short email. As you might know, the board had its officer elections during our meeting in Hong Kong and we have been selected to be Chair (Jan-Bart) and Vice-Chair (Phoebe) for the coming year.

Although the agenda (and therefore minutes) of the last meeting was very heavy on procedural and administrative items, if you have any comments we would like to invite you to discuss them on Board Noticeboard

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_noticeboard

In the coming year, we would like to facilitate insight into and discussion of the board's work as much as possible. We plan to publish the agenda for board meetings several days (or as early as possible) before future board meetings, and we invite members of the community to comment on the agenda. This year we plan reserve significant board time for matters of substance (such as grantmaking and technology strategy), which are topics we think the community as a whole will also be interested in. After the meeting, the minutes will be published with a note from one of the board members inviting comment and maybe highlighting one or two issues from the previous board meeting.

We are looking forward to a productive and intensive year, with our challenge of picking the right executive director being the first big priority for the coming months.

Thanks,

Jan-Bart & Phoebe