[Wikimedia-l] Please, let's save the Wikipedia - from itself

Fred Bauder fredbaud at fairpoint.net
Thu Sep 5 13:18:08 UTC 2013

> I doubt that scale is only thing which matters.

Sweden has a set of elites who all know each other and have developed
consensus, and, perhaps, learned how to do that well.

What I know is that Ukraine has a big split between Russians and
Ukrainians. But do nationalistic Russians even bother with the Ukrainian
Wikipedia? Do you have a lot of Canadian contributors?

In the United States distance defeats us. A meet up in New York City is
almost as far way as Hong Kong.

Fred