[Wikimedia-l] Please, let's save the Wikipedia - from itself

Pavlo Shevelo pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 13:10:22 UTC 2013

I doubt that scale is only thing which matters.

As to me both enWP and ukWP suffers from lack of community (extremely
important word in Anders' comment) as that despite the fact that fist is
much larger 'town' (even 'city') than svWP, and second is small 'village'.

I mean community solid enough to 'behave' like one organization (Lars
Gardenius pointed to importance of it earlier) .

...and yes, comment
*> I'm sure the
> community of editors is rather small, but they must come from very
>diverse backgrounds.*
(from later note)
is 100% correct about Ukraine.
...but isn't it similar to enWP, where people come from different
countries, so "*diverse backgrounds*" as well?
...which this way or another prevent creation of solid community (whatever
is the size of it)

Sincerely,
Pavlo