[Wikimedia-l] Announcing the Flow Portal(s)

Brandon Harris bharris at wikimedia.org
Wed May 15 20:47:56 UTC 2013

	Hello!

	As many of you know, the Wikimedia Foundation is now actively engaged in designing a next-generation discussion and workflow system called Flow, initially slated to replace user talk pages.  Flow is an ambitious project (on par with the VisualEditor) and will touch nearly every aspect of the Wikimedia experience.

	We need ''your'' help and input.  We have started a portal for information and discussion.

	You can find it on the English Wikipedia here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Flow

	And on MediaWiki here: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Flow_Portal

	(We'll be creating one on meta as well).

	At the Flow portal, you can read about what we're doing and why, as well as play around with an interactive prototype.

	We're desperately interested in your feedback and thoughts.  There are things that we know, and things that we know that we don't know. But there are also things that we *don't* know that we don't know.  And we want to reduce that lack of knowledge.

	We will also be conducting additional office hours for a variety of timezones - as many as we need to - and will also be open to having conversations via Google hangouts and/or Skype as need be.  I am always around on irc (freenode, username "jorm") and am willing to answer any questions you may have.

	-b.
---
Brandon Harris, Senior Designer, Wikimedia Foundation