[Wikimedia-l] AffComs $40,000 Hong Kong junket

Fae faewik at gmail.com
Tue May 14 20:22:53 UTC 2013

On 14 May 2013 21:13, Bence Damokos <bdamokos at gmail.com> wrote:
> to be effective in the meeting. In the long run, if the WMF doesn't amend
> its travel practices one can always join any of the WMF volunteer or staff
> communities that result in occasional travel as a perk and more often as a
> cost of doing their business effectively.

Sorry Bence, "travel as a perk"? No, for me airport security, cramped
on a coach class flight and having to navigate public transport both
ways, in order to find my economy hotel has never been a perk, more of
a ruddy drawn out stressful punishment.

Probably me, I obviously have a jaded old man's perspective compared
to most unpaid volunteers in our community.

Fae