[Wikimedia-l] Go away, community (from WMF wiki at least)

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Sun May 12 20:45:43 UTC 2013

Philippe Beaudette wrote:
>You want an explanation?  I'm sure that Gayle will offer one. But for
>the umpteenth time, I was the person pushing the button because
>someone had to be.

Why did you feel compelled to act here when it wasn't your decision? Was
there something preventing Gayle from doing this herself?

It's pretty strange to involve yourself in this decision (that wasn't
yours) and then turn around and say "well why are you pointing at me?!"
You were raised in a wiki culture, just as I was, where an individual is
responsible for the actions of his or her account. You obviously felt an
obligation to act here. What remains unclear is why.

MZMcBride