[Wikimedia-l] Provisional Wikimedia Kenya no longer a chapter

Michael Peel michael.peel at wikimedia.org.uk
Fri Mar 1 23:07:35 UTC 2013

Hi Asaf,

I note that the WMF's recognition decision here was recorded at
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Recognition_of_Wikimedia_Kenya

Please could you confirm that WM Kenya didn't sign the chapter's agreement before 6 Feb 2013?

I'm rather surprised to hear that they're being encouraged to incorporate and affiliate as a user group rather than as a chapter - please could you explain the rationale here?

Thanks,
Mike
(Personal viewpoint)