[Wikimedia-l] Provisional Wikimedia Kenya no longer a chapter

Asaf Bartov abartov at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 1 22:37:04 UTC 2013

Hello, everyone.

I would like to inform you that the group known as "Wikimedia Kenya" is no
longer a provisionally-recognized chapter of the Wikimedia Foundation, as
its provisional recognition has expired, and the WMF did not extend it.

We encourage the Wikimedians in Kenya to regroup and make some plans for
activity, and then to affiliate with the movement as a Wikimedia User Group
(a model not available at the time the group was provisionally recognized
as a chapter).

Please see our message to the Kenyan group on their list, here:
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikimediake/2013-February/003359.html

We remain supportive of the group's next steps, when they are ready to take
them.

I am updating Meta now, but do lend a hand if I've missed anything.

   Asaf Bartov
--
    Asaf Bartov

https://donate.wikimedia.org