[Wikimedia-l] Swedish Wikipedia reach 1 million (with support of bots)

Anders Wennersten mail at anderswennersten.se
Tue Jun 18 07:00:26 UTC 2013

I am happy to see that you, as well as Hubertl, is happy to go on as you
always have done. I do not have the ambition to change your view on
life, but to reach out to others open to the new opportunities that
automation gives us in better reahing our aim free knowledge for all

The base fact figures for sv:wp is
Increase of views +23% on yearly basis, WM:DE +3, WMF:Fr +8 (all mature
wikipediauser communities), nl with +14 and wm:it with +16 also very
good figures (Spain Russia, and Portugal still in a built up phase have
higher numbers)
http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesPageViewsMonthlyCombined.htm

Editor >1 and >5 somewhat up or stable, new editor up in Jan, Feb,
March, but down in April (eastertime)
http://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediaSV.htm

For my statement though I base it on that I 24/7 monitor ALL edits
(there is around 50 in 15 min, 500 on 2,5 h, longer during night). And I
have observed the effect of introducing our lakearticles (these are
made up from three sources containing more then 100 different items of
data, see for example
http://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_%C3%B6ver_insj%C3%B6ar_i_Ljungby_kommun
where you can pick any or from the googlemap can find any from its
place). And here I find after these are created a flur of new edits in
old articles (as well as these) many from earlier more passive
contributers users, and even some new. And there are photo safaris now
being discussed to take photos of some of all these lakes (we find that
to work with articles close to your home seems to be very simulating)

Anders