[Wikimedia-l] Swedish Wikipedia reach 1 million (with support of bots)

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 06:05:47 UTC 2013

Hubertl, 18/06/2013 07:00:
> Hi Johan, Anders Wennersten says:
>
> And as shown earlier we have learned that this actually helps recruting
> and keeping editors
>
> ???
>
> It is difficult to draw conclusions about user behavior. The more
> difficult it is to say something about the behavior of persons, which
> are not yet detectable part of the community.
>
> Because it's probably the most difficulty to make predictions about
> facts that take place in the future.

Well, sv.wiki has just volunteered to be your guinea pig as the first
botpedia after Volapuk. :) I think it will be possible to make at least
some simple stats like how many new editors we got with first edit on
one of these articles, what's their retention etc.
If the experiment fails, we may see mass-deletion of a million bot
articles in a few years: it wouldn't be the first time, deleting is very
easy.

Nemo