[Wikimedia-l] Feedback for the Wikimedia Foundation

Lodewijk lodewijk at effeietsanders.org
Wed Jul 24 07:17:53 UTC 2013

Hi Romaine,

I'm a little confused as to what exactly you were asking for. Originally, I
understood that your point was primarily that the project was being damaged
(to the opinion of nlwiki community) because when *new users* are using the
Visual Editor, that has negative side effects which need repair by the
community. An opt-out would in no way be a solution for this of course - it
would not even be close to a compromise.

Now I understand that your main problem is that *people like yourself*
don't want to use the visual editor as it currently is. In that case a
temporary opt-out is indeed a valid compromise because it allows people
like yourself to wait with adopting the visual editor until more bugs have
been resolved. It gives you and the software time to adjust, but you will
probably keep most of the problems, as indicated by Erik Möller.

Could you please clarify?

Thanks!

Lodewijk