[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Chapter reports WMNL

Thehelpfulone thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 00:08:44 UTC 2013

On 6 January 2013 23:52, Ziko van Dijk <vandijk at wmnederland.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
> Rather the other way round, I'd question the sending of reports to
> lists, with regard to the information overload we get. If someone
> really is interested in the activities of a chapter, he or she can go
> to the chapter reports on Meta, and has a list of reports there. A
> short summary of the report would even create more work for the
> chapter. I really don't see the problem here.
> Kind regards
> Ziko

You should also consider that people like to read on the go, that is on a
mobile device and whilst Meta has the mobile site enabled, email often
works best for many people.

Think of it this way: if someone is going to make the effort to open an
email to read its contents after looking at the subject line, then they'd
presumably want to know more information - even if just a snippet as
suggested previously - *in that email* rather than having to go elsewhere
to find it.

--
Thehelpfulone
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone