[Wikimedia-l] Dillon gallery?

Lisa Gruwell lgruwell at wikimedia.org
Fri Aug 30 00:39:36 UTC 2013

Hi Renata St and Dan-

I just wanted to assure you that there is no change in fundraising
strategy. WMF raises that great majority of its funds from online
donations, with most of them being under USD $30.

We also raise approximately $6 million from foundations and major donors.
The guidance for this comes from the Revenue Plan that was developed in the
five year strategic plan (page 17):

 “In addition to seeking increased support from community donations,
Wikimedia will continue to raise limited but critical funds from
foundations, major donors, and licensing and other business partnerships.”

Yes, the event at the Dillion Gallery is our. That said, we focus the
lion’s share of our work on the online donation model.

Thank you,

Lisa Seitz Gruwell