[Wikimedia-l] WMUA chapter mailing list switched to 'read-only' mode

Pavlo Shevelo pavlo.shevelo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 19:34:29 UTC 2013

I'm really grateful for your note, Asaf

You comprehend my messages 100% right.
Perhaps even more than that, as I'm just unable to verify whether I'm a
troll (or not, hopefully).

But as to the best of my belief I'm ready to face the fact, that I'm the
troll (how can I know that for sure?) so I'm ready to stay against any
criticism
of being a troll - all kinds of 'duck test' etc., while our board prefers
just to
> *halt the debate rather than face the **criticism*
and said transformation of WMUA central mailing list is just one step in a
row (a very long one - a chain of that "multiple previous rounds").

Well, I was not going to complain (or something like that) - I was mainly
verifying the precedents  as I assured  other WMUA members that we have
something unprecedented at all (in all Wikipedia movement at least).
...and I'm still not complaining :)
Yes it's nobody else but we, WMUA people, should  (Have to, MUST) overcome
all tough issues by ourselves and a lot of that our problems are rooted in
post-USSR situation (I was born in 1956, that's just 3 years after Stalin'
death so I know what I'm talking about) hence they might appear to be
pretty (or even too) ...*specific** *for Wikimedia CH (so for Manuel), WMNL
(so for Ziko) etc. - with all due respect to Manuel, Ziko and others.

And please, PLEASE don't think that WMUA is something very bad, and even
not all of our Board members (we have 7 of them) have said problems with
facing criticism ;)

Now we're in 'full ahead' mode to start WLM'2013 and preparing to make our
Wiki loves Earth (WLE) initiative [1][2][3]  really international (it was
presented in Hong Kong recently and they say it was estimated rather well)
 and ... and ... and ... as well ;)

___

Obviously I'm not closing the topic and all and every further comments,
insights, ...peer reviews will be highly appreciated!

Thanks again, Asaf!!!

Sincerely,

Pavlo Shevelo
Proud member of WMUA