[Wikimedia-l] WMUA chapter mailing list switched to 'read-only' mode

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 15:45:48 UTC 2013

Pavlo Shevelo, 18/08/2013 16:36:
> As for now my question is pretty simple: is there any precedents known,
> when chapter Board do some alike rulings? Does it seems appropriate?

Sorry, but I think these questions are flawed. A better question is: do
the member of the chapter have a suitable and working place where to
discuss among themselves to carry out their duties and rights as members
of the chapters, as defined by the bylaws?
(One is not always easy to set up.)

> If anybody will be interested in context (bigger picture etc.) that is why
> it was done so (including formal and real causes & motivations), this
> person will have to go deep into struggle:
>
> * for openness ('clearness') of the WMUA Board;
> * against unethical (and so, in that meaning immoral) behaviour of some
> of WMUA Board members
> * ...etc.

So that's *the* mailing list for all the internal discussions of the
board? If it's public, then these is indeed higher "transparency" than
in most chapters (not that this is necessarily a good thing); on the
other hand it does not replace an all-members discussion space.

Nemo