[Wikimedia-l] movement partners

Gregory Varnum gregory.varnum at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 17:36:59 UTC 2013

Phoebe,

As Bishakha indicated, this is still actively being discussed amongst AffCom and WMF folks. Most of what's being discussed is based on on-wiki comments - but the actual conversations are happening via email (AffCom mailing list) and face-to-face conversations. My understanding is this follows a similar process used when the User Groups and Thematic Org processes were setup.

However, I will say that entities like GLAM partners has come up as examples of possible candidates in conversations I've had with folks.

Again, it is premature to commit to anything, but my personal hope is that the final outcome will be a good solution for the groups you're talking about.  As someone who frequently works with outside groups on Wikimedia matters, I am empathetic to both the sense of urgency and interest from potential partners.

Also, AffCom members are available via wiki or email for comments about this - and I am generally lingering in IRC often.

-greg aka varnent

Disclaimer: These are my own views and not officially representative of any role I have within AffCom, Wikimania, or elsewhere.