[Wikimedia-l] movement partners

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 17:16:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 10:10 PM, Bishakha Datta <bishakhadatta at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Here is a question that came up during today's US GLAM consortium
> meeting:
> > what's the current status of the 'movement partners' affiliation?
> >

> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_affiliation_models/Movement_Partners
> >
> > Is recognition of movement partners something that AffComm will be taking
> > on in future, or will it rest with WMF/Chapters for now? Not sure what
> the
> > latest discussions have been.
> >

> This is still under discussion between AffCom and WMF, Phoebe. The current
> discussion is focused on sharpening the definition, translating the concept
> into a clear easy-to-follow affiliation pipeline or pathway, and on the
> division of roles between AffCom and WMF.
>
> We're hopeful that this will move to the next stage shortly.
>
> Best
> Bishakha

Thanks Bishakha! Has that discussion been on-wiki anywhere?

The context, as Sarah notes, is that there are a variety of big GLAM
organizations who have done Wikimedia work who may well fit the idea of
being a 'movement partner', and the question arose this past weekend of
whether and where they might fit.

-- phoebe

--
* I use this address for lists; send personal messages to phoebe.ayers <at>
gmail.com *