[Wikimedia-l] movement partners

Bishakha Datta bishakhadatta at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 05:10:22 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:33 AM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Here is a question that came up during today's US GLAM consortium meeting:
> what's the current status of the 'movement partners' affiliation?
>
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_affiliation_models/Movement_Partners
>
> Is recognition of movement partners something that AffComm will be taking
> on in future, or will it rest with WMF/Chapters for now? Not sure what the
> latest discussions have been.

This is still under discussion between AffCom and WMF, Phoebe. The current
discussion is focused on sharpening the definition, translating the concept
into a clear easy-to-follow affiliation pipeline or pathway, and on the
division of roles between AffCom and WMF.

We're hopeful that this will move to the next stage shortly.

Best
Bishakha