[Wikimedia-l] Resignation announcement, and a parting remark to everyone

Jan-Bart de Vreede jdevreede at wikimedia.org
Mon Apr 29 20:10:29 UTC 2013

Hey

So while I really regret your decision and hope that you will reconsider I would like to ask you something.

> Or, ironically, putting together a reallocation grant. Here's another
> hen-and-egg problem for you all. We saw little value in settling the
> remaining funds from the 2010-11 grants because the FDC results will change
> everything anyway. Ironically the WMF and FDC became convinced that this is
> a valid reason to retrospectively disqualify us.

But you say "we" … We refers to WMHK I assume, but did you do this after a discussion with the Grants Programme, or did you decide this on your own? I work for the non-profit sector, and there is not way that any organisation I know could get away with something like that I am afraid. If you are given money for a reason, you cannot simply decide to take it as an advance on a possible next grant without agreement of the party that supplied you with the grant. I am sorry, but this is not Irony, this is governance…

Additionally I see that the community consultation phase asked for the annual report and you stated that it would be available on the WMHK website after the meeting of the 16th of March…  I wanted to go through it, but could not find it on the home page (I would assume its under documentation?) Can you point me to it?

And again: the FDC stated more reasons to turn down the request,not just the fact that WMHK was not in compliance, they obviously spent a significant amount of time discussing this...

Jan-Bart

>>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone