[Wikimedia-l] Resignation announcement, and a parting remark to everyone

Deryck Chan deryckchan at wikimedia.hk
Mon Apr 29 15:36:46 UTC 2013

On 29 April 2013 12:32, Craig Franklin <cfranklin at halonetwork.net> wrote:

> I'd like to come back to this - if the entity was told they were eligible
> (which certainly looks to be the case from the public documents), when was
> it discovered they were not?

When the FDC recommendations were published. (see my reply to THO)

> Obviously, putting together an FDC
> application is a tremendous amount of work for a chapter, and if the effort
> was futile from the start, then the time that Deryck and WMHK put into this
> could have been better spent on useful programme work instead.

Or, ironically, putting together a reallocation grant. Here's another
hen-and-egg problem for you all. We saw little value in settling the
remaining funds from the 2010-11 grants because the FDC results will change
everything anyway. Ironically the WMF and FDC became convinced that this is
a valid reason to retrospectively disqualify us.