[Wikimedia-l] FDC Proposals

Anasuya Sengupta asengupta at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 2 15:40:19 UTC 2012

Dear all,

Thank you very much for sharing these concerns with us - and thank you,
Anders, for responding so promptly!

While the deadlines for proposals has been very clear from the start - in
the framework, and in mails shared with the community - I want to
acknowledge that as primary FDC support staff, I *did* miss sending out a
reminder last week (I thought I had, but realise to my horror it's still
sitting in my drafts folder!). My apologies for that. I had also
(mistakenly, as it turns out) assumed that eligible entities would be
looking at the FDC portal regularly, where the landing page very clearly
has deadlines mentioned. I will certainly do better around deadline
reminders the next time round.

However, chapters have been in touch with Garfield, Christine, Asaf,
Winifred, Meera and me over much of the past few months, and I believe we
have been prompt over responding to any concerns, and about reminding them
of deadlines.  In particular, I know that the forms have been giving people
some trouble, and Heather, who's been designing and maintaining the FDC
Portal, has also been very responsive to those concerns. In addition, we've
pro-actively reached out to many of you to help us design and improve our
processes and our forms, and we have very much appreciated the excellent
feedback, and incorporated it wherever possible.

We can obviously do better still, and would very much like to: this is the
first time we are all doing this together, and we are learning what works
and what doesn't. As Nicole said, I believe that the Ombudsperson is
actually the correct person to address any process related concerns and
comments to, particularly if we wish to document them for future learning
and improvement. However, anyone should feel free to reach out to staff at
the same time, so we can address concerns as quickly as possible. In
addition, of course, do reach out to FDC members if you would like to.

As Anders mentioned, please do see this page on the FDC portal, which has
the details of the FDC support staff, the Ombudsperson and the FDC members:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/FDC_portal/Comments

Once the recommendations from the FDC are made to the Board, any complaints
related to those recommendations should be made to the Board
representatives on the FDC: Jan-Bart and Patricio. Again the page to do so
is linked from the Comments page above.

Please do reach out to any of us - the more we share on wiki, the more
public and transparent this process, and the better equipped we will be to
create a really strong and effective FDC.

Warmly,
Anasuya