[Wikimedia-l] Fundraiser causing confusion

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 15:43:30 UTC 2012

On Nov 28, 2012 3:39 PM, "cyrano" <cyrano.fawkes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which is completely normal. An image of volunteers building a great
project for a great cause was constantly set up in every single
communication, during years. So that's what uninformed people would believe.
> But, from the moment someone asks for money, it contradicts the image of
a project run by the sheer efforts of volunteers. " This money will end in
the pocket of persons, ", they think, " who are thus not doing it because
it's a great cause but because they're paid".

I'm not sure that's true. It is perfectly normal for a charity to make
heavy use of volunteers and still need money as well.