[Wikimedia-l] A place for project wide discussions

Juergen Fenn schneeschmelze at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 16 15:07:56 UTC 2012

2012/11/16 Ziko van Dijk <vandijk at wmnederland.nl>:

> You have a good point. Meta discussions on Wikipedia happen mainly on
> English Wikipedia, sometimes on Meta Wiki. I personally prefer not to
> create new wikis but to use Meta Wiki because otherwise people would
> have to follow too many wikis.
> I could imagine that it would be a good idea to have a more organized
> discussion on the collaboration of the Wikimedia projects among each
> other. This could also become more relevant with the introduction of
> Wikidata.

I agree to Ziko's point of view. I think we are at a crucial point in
the Wikimedia movement because we now have the opportunity to finally
create a common village pump for all projects. I think we should use
the impetus from the adoption of Wikivoyage and new Wikidata and
create a common place for discussion and anything meta between all
projects on Meta Wiki.

Regards,
Jürgen.