[Wikimedia-l] A place for project wide discussions

Ziko van Dijk vandijk at wmnederland.nl
Fri Nov 16 14:05:21 UTC 2012

Hello Fussi,

Instead of pointing out that WiVo is at the moment a rather small
project, I think it would be helpful if the more experienced members
of the Wikimedia movement here would be a little bit more
constructive. :(
You have a good point. Meta discussions on Wikipedia happen mainly on
English Wikipedia, sometimes on Meta Wiki. I personally prefer not to
create new wikis but to use Meta Wiki because otherwise people would
have to follow too many wikis.
I could imagine that it would be a good idea to have a more organized
discussion on the collaboration of the Wikimedia projects among each
other. This could also become more relevant with the introduction of
Wikidata.

Kind regards
Ziko

2012/11/16 Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com>:
> Stefan Fussan, 16/11/2012 14:23:
>
>> @Nemo: Of course. Just one page called lounge or whatever is too small.
>

> You can take all the pages you want, if you're talking of available space to
> write. (Usually, the less pages you use the better it is, because then more
> people will have them watchlisted.)
>

>> And
>> we can not flood the metawiki with pages and discussions without any
>> order.
>

> Actually, you can. I doubt Meta-Wiki will even notice. Of course, if you use
> subpages and/or a category it's better for everyone.
>

>> I am sure, the general wiki was small. But why? We were de: and it. only.
>> We talked directly via discussion pages. But things have changed
>> significantly.
>>
>> Ok. I forgot the most important question... Are the language version and
>> communities interested in coordinating the work and all the points I
>> mentioned above?
>

> This you should ask on Wikivoyage-l probably.
> Usually, it's easier starting with something concrete to coordinate, rather
> than asking about general abstract willingness to coordinate.
>
> Nemo

Vereniging Wikimedia Nederland
dr. Ziko van Dijk, voorzitter
http://wmnederland.nl/