[Wikimedia-l] Wikivoyage project launch/migration update

MF-Warburg mfwarburg at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 12 17:33:18 UTC 2012

2012/11/12 Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemowiki at gmail.com>

> Roland Unger, 12/11/2012 07:46:
>
>  Hi folks,
>>
>> the Wikivoyage e.V. got the xml files of more language versions, I
>> think also for es, fi, hu, ja, pl, pt, ro and zh from user Wrh2.
>>

> Where are they? Again, please publish them.

I can only underline this. It would be quite necessary to know how many
pages existed there and how active the project actually was (There is no
reason for the language committee to make an exception for all these
languages IN BULK if some have actually no current interest from users).
The XML dumps can of course be imported to Incubator in the case that an
own subdomain is not immediately created.
Note that some pages for a wikivoyage in Spanish have already been started
on Incubator, as well as this request/discussion:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wikivoyage_Spanish

Besides, can these old wikis from which the xml files were taken still be
accessed? At least it is not http://pt.wikivoyage-old.org/ .

>> But there were no users who helped us to check to contents.
>>

> https://meta.wikimedia.org/**wiki/Wikivoyage/New_language_**versions<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikivoyage/New_language_versions>is now on Meta, by the way.
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/**wiki/New_wikis_importers<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/New_wikis_importers>/might/ want to help doing the XML import, depending on how much
> pre-emptive cleanup is actually needed; you can try asking them.

 Indeed ;-)