[Wikimedia-l] Wikivoyage project launch/migration update

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 09:02:09 UTC 2012

Roland Unger, 12/11/2012 07:46:
> Hi folks,
>
> the Wikivoyage e.V. got the xml files of more language versions, I
> think also for es, fi, hu, ja, pl, pt, ro and zh from user Wrh2.

Where are they? Again, please publish them.

> I saw pt running. The initStats maintenance scripts for pt shows:
>
> Counting total edits...77254
> Counting number of articles...3109
> Counting total pages...5873
> Counting number of users...1770
> Counting number of images...0
> Counting total page views...1
>
> But there were no users who helped us to check to contents.

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikivoyage/New_language_versions is now
on Meta, by the way.
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/New_wikis_importers /might/ want to help
doing the XML import, depending on how much pre-emptive cleanup is
actually needed; you can try asking them.

Nemo