[Wikimedia-l] AFT5: what practical benefits has it had?

MZMcBride z at mzmcbride.com
Sat Nov 10 16:04:54 UTC 2012

MZMcBride wrote:
> Dario Taraborelli wrote:
>> A full roll out of AFT5 on the entire English Wikipedia is scheduled for Q4
>> 2012.
>
> Do you have a link to on-wiki consensus for this idea? I was under the
> impression that the ArticleFeedback tool was developed as an experiment. It
> needs a discussion and on-wiki consensus before being widely deployed,
> right? Has that happened?

I asked these questions in September. As far as I can tell, there was no
response to them.

A number of long-time users have concerns about this tool, particularly as
it is quite often used to libel subjects of articles.

Before adding to volunteers' workloads (to moderate and respond to these
comments), I would think it unquestionably requires the consent of the
volunteers, right?

Dario?

MZMcBride