[Wikimedia-l] AFT5: what practical benefits has it had?

Dario Taraborelli dtaraborelli at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 20 02:04:53 UTC 2012

Hey – apologies for the late response (I've just returned from my annual leave).

The AFT team is currently reviewing a number of options to address the moderation workload issue, which is definitely an important one. So to answer your question: you can safely consider the feature as "experimental", further decisions will be deferred until we've tested/discussed different approaches to moderation.

As far as data is concerned, we're going to publish additional analyses/datasets on feedback volume and moderation activity for the current (10%) sample on top of those already available via the dashboards, they'll be announced on the lists and on meta:R:AFT.

Dario