[Wikimedia-l] Board resolutions on bylaw amendments and appointment of Foundation staff officers

Bishakha Datta bishakhadatta at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 06:24:33 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 11:36 PM, Thehelpfulone
<thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thus, in the future (this is for both Board members and WMF staff) it would
> be much better, when announcing *any* potentially controversial changes
> like this to *proactively* provide such documents, than potentially give
> the impression that you are intentionally trying to hide something by
> waiting for a community member to request it.

I agree that this needs improvement, but I think we must also allow for the
possibility that not pro-actively providing a document does not necessarily
translate into an intention to hide something.

I find this underlying layer of impressions very interesting - to me, it
speaks of much work needed to increase levels of trust between different
movement players.

Best
Bishakha