[Wikimedia-l] Board resolutions on bylaw amendments and appointment of Foundation staff officers

Thehelpfulone thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 18:06:44 UTC 2012

On 2 November 2012 16:06, Bishakha Datta <bishakhadatta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I've added a reference link into the resolution at:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Resolution:Amended_Bylaws
>
> Please go through this to compare old and revised versions of the bylaws;
> since there are many small changes, I have uploaded the entire document.
>
> The document showing the revisions can also be directly accessed from this
> link:
>
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wikimedia_Foundation_Bylaws_posted_mark-up.pdf

Thank you for doing this, but (correct me if I'm wrong) it looks like this
document had already been created by Kelly, presumably for easy review
internally of the changes to the Bylaws.

Please don't forget that there's a huge online community that all have
different interests and pay particular attention to certain things - some
clearly with the WMF as evident from this mailing list thread.

Thus, in the future (this is for both Board members and WMF staff) it would
be much better, when announcing *any* potentially controversial changes
like this to *proactively* provide such documents, than potentially give
the impression that you are intentionally trying to hide something by
waiting for a community member to request it.

--
Thehelpfulone
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Thehelpfulone