[Wikimedia-l] Announcing 2 Community Fellow

Richard Symonds richard.symonds at wikimedia.org.uk
Mon May 21 18:09:07 UTC 2012

I must admit to being curious, as do at least two others i've spoken to
about this. With no benefits and no pensions, and what seems like hazy
employment rights that vary from state to state (not to mention fellows
from overseas) and person to person, this does seem a little odd. How much
notice are they given, and what support they are entitled to from the WMF,
would be very helpful.

I'd  appreciate a more technical explanation so I can understand how the
WMF deals with people on these short term contracts. :-)

Richard Symonds