[Wikimedia-l] Office hours reminder

Sue Gardner sgardner at wikimedia.org
Wed May 2 19:12:25 UTC 2012

On 2 May 2012 10:10, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Have to say that the last several office hours (of varying nature) have all
> been during "business/school hours" in the Americas - and in some cases for
> (western) Europe/Africa as well - and the ones on the current schedule are
> all pretty much in the middle of business hours for these regions.  When so
> many office hours are occurring within the same narrow time window, it
> really limits the potential participation group to the same people all the
> time, and risks becoming a walled garden.  Please consider a more diverse
> window for office hours in the future. And no, I don't expect that every
> office hour be during a time that I'm available, but there's only been one
> (out of fifteen) that occurred during the period where Wikimedians are most
> active.

People can help by filling out this Doodle. If a
sufficiently-geographically-representative group fills this out, that
will help us standardize on a few times that (among them) would work
for a large majority. Please share the link on IRC or wherever if you
like, to encourage broad-enough participation :-)

http://doodle.com/hnivrcvz3t5sf2gf

Thanks,
Sue