[Wikimedia-l] "Clerk" role description?

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:36:41 UTC 2012

On 1 May 2012 22:31, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm just making it clear from my perspective that I find it concerning that
> there are discussions about the infrastructure to support the FDC when we
> are at the very beginning of the discussion about what the FDC should
> actually be doing, and that  there are some considerably more disparate
> views about "what they will do" than meets the eye.

I don't think we are at the beginning of that discussion. The WMF
board's resolution  instructing Sue to sort out the creation of the
FDC (which followed on from lengthy discussions on meta, and had a
great deal of consensus) is pretty clear about what the FDC will be
doing. There are plenty of details to be finalised, but the basic idea
of what the FDC is there to do is already decided.