[Wikimedia-l] "Clerk" role description?

Risker risker.wp at gmail.com
Tue May 1 21:31:35 UTC 2012

On 1 May 2012 17:13, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 May 2012 22:11, Risker <risker.wp at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I agree that it is likely they'll need some kind of support.  The type of
> > support they will need is mostly dependent on what their scope and
> > responsibilities are, though.  This is very much cart-before-the-horse in
> > my mind, kind of like hiring the cafeteria staff before you decide
> whether
> > or not you're going to have a cafeteria.
>
> All Sue has done so far is ask for some information in order to inform
> a discussion. We're a long way from actually appointing any clerks.

Yes, which is why I provided the information about the roles of the English
Wikipedia clerks.  Having said that, the FDC Advisory Committee is having
its first meeting today, according to the Meta page (I note that the names
of the Board members and outside members aren't included on the list yet).
I'm just making it clear from my perspective that I find it concerning that
there are discussions about the infrastructure to support the FDC when we
are at the very beginning of the discussion about what the FDC should
actually be doing, and that  there are some considerably more disparate
views about "what they will do" than meets the eye.

Risker/Anne