[Wikimedia-l] Language links and double language links on the Wikipedias

Bence Damokos bdamokos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 10:52:10 UTC 2012

Hi Denny,

This is a really interesting list.
Looking at the Hungarian list, I find that in many instances the duplicate
interwiki link is actually commented out (in the form of "<!-- Source:
[[en: something]] --> or <!-- wrong interwikis: [[en: ..] [[fr: ..]] -->),
and not real duplicate links. (In some cases there are indeed duplicate
links, where one concept covers two concepts in other languages.)

Maybe you could refine your search algorithm to exclude commented out
links, and improve your listing page by including not only the second
interwiki link found for a given language, but also the first one, so it is
easier to assess without having to check the article pages or source codes?

In any case, the village pumps might be a good place to post a link to the
lists. The "Global message delivery" system might help you in that:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Global_message_delivery

Best regards,
Bence