[Wikimedia-l] OFFICE actions and WMF image tagging

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 19:21:56 UTC 2012

Philippe Beaudette, 03/07/2012 21:05:
> And that's precisely why we would like a global ban policy implemented. We
> would prefer an established, community-monitored process that we can turn
> to when at all possible (and make no mistake, in this case it was needed; I
> wish we could give all the specifics, but for privacy reasons, we just
> can't).  Because we didn't have that, we had to break new ground with the
> Office actions policy.  I hope we never have to use that again.

Unless the current draft is completely off track, what you're saying
here is that the proposed system could have been used here, which
implies the specifics *could* be discussed publicly, as the proposed
system requires a public RfC.
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Global_bans#Obtaining_consensus_for_a_global_ban>

Nemo